SUPPORT @ THE NURTURE BARN
“Leigh is quite simply, amazing. I've seen her a few times in the 3 months since my son was born, and she's given us such wonderful and invaluable support and advice. She's calm, patient and reassuring, and was able to work out what was causing our issues pretty quickly. After making a few changes to positioning and getting my son's tongue tie snipped, breastfeeding has improved enormously and I'm now pain-free. THANKYOU”
We hold a weekly coffee morning on Thursdays 10-12 for Pregnant Ladies (FOC) and those with babies under 6m (£1) to meet new friends.
- Leigh of Mumma’s Milk is a highly qualified Breastfeeding Councellor. Wednesdays are Drop In Breastfeeding Advice and see our What’s On page for when Leigh runs classes in: Antenatal Breastfeeding, Baby Led Weaning Theory, Weaning Fun Feeding, Fussy Eating Advice for Toddlers. Private Consultations an also be arranged. Her Facebook page is superb for those wanting advice
- Daisy First Aid Classes run in the evening or weekends and make for more confident parents.
- Nicola of Babywearning Bliss Sling Library comes in on the last Wednesday of every month to help offer advice on the best one to choose before purchasing and offers a library to borrow from. £7.50 for 1 week, £10 for 2 weeks and £15 for 3 weeks.
- For those wanting a more harmonious family life and help ‘Supernanny style’ with all aspects of Parenting, then our 90minute Montessori Parenting Course is for you. Rochelle runs courses on Fridays and on Saturdays. She covers: Discipline, Sleep, Sibling Rivalry, Toilet Training, Independence – this is a a great session for asking questions. Attend as many as you need, as always different.
- If you are PREGNANT Amanda holds her highly recommended Daisy Foundation Antenatal classes. These can be the 6w Daisy Birthing Active course on Wednesdays, covering exercise and breathing techniques. The Daisy Birth Preparation 12hr course is on Sundays so you and your partner can attend this 12 hour course.
- We organise weekly Meet Ups for Pregnant ladies and those with babies under 6 months to meet new friends and get out the house.
- Baby Weigh Ins are the first Saturday of every month, so bring your red book 10-11.30 and a qualified health professional will look after you.
- For tired, frazzled Mums, Kia of Take Some Time holds Massage sessions for you, yes YOU – Organise a group of you to come and look after each other’s children and indulge yourself, alone for 30 minutes, then swap over.
All these events can be found on our Events page on Facebook or under What’s On